For many parents of multiples, Valentine’s Day can easily become a last-minute consideration. With the hustle and bustle of your crazy life, who has time to think up a perfectly planned Valentine’s dinner.
That’s why we decided that this Simple Meal of the Week would be a Valentine’s Day Edition. Simple, delicious and family-friendly!
Valentine’s Day One Sheet Pasta Dinner
- 1 pound Jumbo Shrimp, Peeled And Deveined
- 1-2 cups Cherry Tomatoes, Rinsed
- 1 Bunch Asparagus, Rinsed and Ends Trimmed
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Roughly Chopped
- Olive Oil
- Salt And pepper
- 2 Lemons, Halved
- 1 lb Linguine (or your favorite style of pasta)
- Optional: Loaf of fresh bread or a simple salad
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit / 200 degrees Celcius.
- Lightly spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place the shrimp, tomatoes, garlic, asparagus on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- While that bakes, cook your linguine according to package instructions, strain one al dente.
- Bake 10-12 minutes, until shrimp is cooked and tomatoes begin to burst.
- Place halved lemons on the baking sheet during the last 2-3 minutes of cooking.
- Put cooked pasta in a bowl and top with the shrimp and vegetable. Once the lemons have cooled slightly, carefully squeeze the juice over the pasta dish. (optional, top with shaved parmesan)
- Serve with bread or a simple salad.
Who says that cooking for Valentine’s Day has to take all day. With an easy, one-pan meal you can enjoy a restaurant-quality meal in under 30 minutes.