As you know, I love sharing homemade products with all of you. Today’s feature happens to be one of my favorites, the Mint Poppy Seed Soap is a great soap for exfoliating, which makes it perfect for getting your feet ready for summer!
This Mint Poppy Seed Soap not only smells amazing, but it also looks pretty too. The poppy seeds give it a beautiful speckled color, and the poppy seeds will help to exfoliate your dry skin while cleaning it.
This mint poppy seed soap is easy enough for those of you just beginning to make soaps, so this is one that is PERFECT for making with your kids!
- 1 lb Goats Milk Melt and Pour Soap Base
- Rectangle Loaf Soap Mold
- 2-3 drops Kiwi Soap Colorant
- 30 drops Peppermint Essential Oil
- 1 tablespoon Poppy Seed, set aside 1 teaspoon
- Microwave safe measuring cup – 4 cups size
- Wooden craft stick for stirring
- Straight soap cutter
- Cut your soap into 1-inch cubes, and place into a microwave-safe measuring cup.
- Heat on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. Heat for additional 10-second increments, until fully melted, stirring between.
- Stir soap base well and let stand for a few minutes to allow the temperature to lower.
- Add soap colorant and essential oil, stir well.
- Add poppy seed. Stir until combined. Pour the soap mixture into the mold.
- Sprinkle the remaining 1 teaspoon of poppy seeds down the middle of the soap mold.
- Let the soap sit for 4-6 hours until hard.
- Cut into 1-inch bars.
For step-by-step photos, click here.
This is perfect for Mother’s Day, birthdays, anniversaries, or just because! Everyone loves homemade soap, right?
- Phytoestrogens and Multiple Pregnancy: What You Need to Know - August 12, 2022
- Meet Disney’s Cheaper by the Dozen’s Identical Twins! - March 19, 2022
- Celebrating Kwanzaa! - December 26, 2021