During pregnancy, there are plenty of things that need to be planned, packed and prepared. You need to plan to the nursery, pack the hospital bag and prepare your life for your babies. What many soon-to-be moms of multiples (MOMs) overlook is the importance of the perfectly packed diaper bag.
Inside the perfect diaper bag
What most MOMs will tell you is that your diaper bag will often be your lifeline and source of sanity. Here is our insider look at the perfectly packed diaper bag for twin moms to be.
While most of these are fairly intuitive, some experienced MoM’s have chimed in and offered up some unexpected ideas for what MUST be in your baby bag.
These are probably pretty obvious but be sure you have the following diaper bag staples.
- At least 10 diapers
- Pack of baby wipes
- 4 changes of clothes
- Spare receiving blankets
- Diaper changing mat
- Depending on your babies age, developmentally appropriate toys are key
- Health items including gripe water, acetaminophen, gas drops and whatever else your babies need at home
- Snacks for babies
- Hand sanitizer
- Plastic bags
- Bottles, plus formula or expressed milk
- Pacifier or blankie
- Diaper cream or ointment
- Sippy cups
Things to consider
These are things that you might find come in handy in a variety of situations.
- A change of clothes for yourself
- A backup pack of wet wipes
- Snacks for you
- Baby carrier or sling
- First aid kit
- Nursing cover
- Disposable placemats
- Crayons and coloring pages
- Board books
- Hats for babies
- Important phone numbers
Finally, a few things that other MOMs have noted as helpful to keep handy.
- Pen and paper
- Book or magazine in case you find a spare moment
- Chapstick, lotion and other MOM essentials
- Emergency contact information
- A wet bag
- Bottle of water
- Phone charger
- Things that would normally be in your purse
- Cash (just in case)
Not every piece of equipment is necessary for every family so think through what works for you. It is also important to keep in mind that packing and repacking a diaper bag is an ongoing process. As you use the contents of your bag, you will need to regularly replenish.
Try to get into the habit of repacking your diaper bag at least once a week so you are never caught without your essentials.